Learn about Gale’s Premier Literary Databases
Gale Literature is an integrated research experience that brings together Gale’s top literary databases. This cross-searchable environment allows users to discover and analyze content in entirely new ways. It provides uniquely rich literary content, dependable metadata, and intuitive subject indexing.
Gale Literature also forms part of the newly expanded Gale Research Complete package—a unique offering of proprietary databases, eBooks, and historical primary sources. It’s the largest package of primary and secondary sources available today.
Gale Literature Databases:
- Gale Literature Criticism: one of the largest, most extensive compilations of literary commentary available.
- Gale Literature Resource Center: up-to-date biographical information, overviews, full-text literary criticism, and reviews on more than 130,000 published novelists in all disciplines, from all time periods, and from around the world.
- Gale Literature: LitFinder: a wealth of literary works, including over 150,000 full-text poems and more than 800,000 poetry citations as well as short stories, speeches, and plays.
- Gale Literature: Dictionary of Literary Biography: signed scholarly essays that provide essential context to understand the careers and writings of more than 12,000 published novelists from all time periods and from around the world.
- Gale Literature: Something About the Author: engaging author biographies of classic, contemporary, and emerging novelists and illustrators of children’s and young adult works.
- Gale Literature: Contemporary Authors: current biographical and bibliographical data on more than 120,000 modern writers.