Learn Something New With 325+ Instructor-led, Online Classes
Gale Courses supports libraries as educational institutions and gives community members easy access to lifelong learning opportunities including professional development, technology, and personal enrichment courses.
Available 24/7, Gale Courses provides more than 325 six-week long, online programs taught by college instructors. New courses begin each month, and lessons are assigned twice a week, enhanced with images, videos, and games to support varied learning styles. Users will enjoy a self-paced learning environment and engagement with fellow students and instructor through weekly discussion boards.
Your library can enrich lives by providing diverse learning opportunities with classes that support:
- Business professionals – with communication, entrepreneurship, human resources, management, manufacturing, and marketing offerings
- Computer and technology – suiting skill levels from beginner to advanced in software, computer applications, web design, and programming
- Parenting, language & arts, hobbies, and more – a wide array of personal enrichment subjects with something for everyone
- Health and wellness offerings – certifications in topics from mental health and aging to pain management and nutrition
Gale Courses can help supplement your on-site library programming without extra staff time or diverse expertise requirements, while patrons can further explore newfound interests and skills.
TELL A VALUE STORY
Assessing program outcomes is straightforward with the Information Center (IC) administrative dashboard. Library leadership and staff have instant access to key reports detailing total enrollments, student demographics, and user comments and evaluations. At a glance, view the top 20 courses specific to your library and learn what new courses are soon being offered.
2019 EdTech Cool Tool Award
Best Online Courses/MOOC's Solution
- Professional Development
- Personal Enrichment
- Technology Skills
10 MOST POPULAR COURSES
• Accounting Fundamentals • Speed Spanish • Introduction to Microsoft Excel 2019 • Discover Sign Language • Grammar Refresher • Introduction to QuickBooks Online • Computer Skills for the Workplace • Stocks, Bonds, and Investing: Oh, My! • Project Management Fundamentals • Introduction to Python 3 Programming
Platform Features & Tools
Use in and out of the classroom at any time through multiple web browsers.
Learners can join online discussions to connect with instructors and classmates.
At the conclusion of each course, students are surveyed providing libraries with qualitative and quantitative data that offer a measure of impact and outcomes.