Authoritative, up-to-date information on health topics
Gale Health and Wellness offers 24/7 access to full-text medical journals, magazines, reference works, multimedia, and much more. Perfect for researchers at all levels, this comprehensive consumer health resource provides authoritative information on the full range of health-related issues, from current disease and disorder information to in-depth coverage of alternative medical practices.
What dietary habits are associated with developing adult-onset diabetes? Are antioxidants really effective? What new advances have been made in the treatment of HIV/ AIDS? Gale Health and Wellness is your first-stop resource for answers to these and other health-related questions. Features include:
- An updated, easy-to-navigate interface featuring topic portals with curated content on diseases and conditions; drugs; diagnostics and tests; and therapies, treatments, and surgeries
- A broad collection of premier full-text reference works, including Gale exclusives such as The Gale Encyclopedia of Medicine, The Gale Encyclopedia of Surgery and Medical Tests, and The Gale Encyclopedia of Diets
- Millions of articles from both scholarly medical journals and general-interest health magazines
- Spanish editions of notable content and a Spanish-language search filter
- Streaming video, audio, and images
- Mobile-responsive design
- Google and Microsoft integration
- Citation tools
- ReadSpeaker text-to-speech technology
- Improved translation
- Health & Medicine
- Diseases and Conditions
- Diagnostics and Tests
- Therapies, Treatments, and Surgeries
Platform Features & Tools
Integrated G Suite for Education and Microsoft Office 365 tools enable users to share, save, and download content—including highlights and notes. Learn More
Integrated directly into the user’s workflow, formatted citations can be easily imported from single or multiple documents to services like EasyBib or NoodleTools. MLA-, APA-, and Chicago-style citations are supported.
Content can be translated into 40 languages, while the platform itself can be translated into more than 34 languages. ReadSpeaker text-to-speech technology allows audio files to be downloaded and saved onto any mobile device and read aloud.