Fuel Your Users' Future
This single resource combines Peterson’s Test Prep and Peterson’s Career Prep into one user experience to make accessing the products more seamless and promoting them even easier.
Accommodate users of all ages with a resource for standardized test preparation, researching and selecting college and graduate schools, finding tuition assistance, exploring career paths and more.
Access through your library >>
Guide patrons and students in a number of areas:
- Test prep—Full-length, timed, and free practice exams that simulate the actual testing experience for AP, ACT, SAT, PSAT, GED, HiSET, and TASC exams. Diagnostic pre-tests help students determine where they stand and how much test prep they need before taking an assessment.
- College planning—Intuitive searches and quick results deliver prospective students information on more than 4,000 accredited schools, including college location, tuition, academics, admission or enrollment requirements, college campus life, and much more.
- Financial aid tools—Students and parents can benefit from applying the undergraduate scholarship search, financial aid award analyzer, college savings calculator, tuition cost finder, and more.
- Career development—The Resume Builder and Virtual Careers Library tools assist students in the career development process by building on essential skills—like how to build a resume, cover letter, and interviewing tips for users at all career stages. Using the Career Module, tests help users map interests and aptitudes to the most suitable job categories, industries, and occupations.
- International tools—Help students and library patrons prep to pass the TOEFL (iBT), TOEFL (PBT), TOEIC, and U.S. Citizenship tests with online resources like practice tests and eBooks.
Equip job seekers with:
- Career Assessments—Four in-depth assessments align to the interests, values, personality, and workplace preferences of the user. Assessment results drive personalized career recommendations.
- Career Overviews—Each career type includes recommended degree programs, knowledge, skills, and ability. Users can also determine the projected salary and career outlook and access links to training and job searches.
- Occupational Database—Access to the Occupational Information Network (O*NET), a database developed for the U.S. Department of Labor with more than 1,100 occupational types, allows users to search for key information on a specific career path.
- Job Search—The job search tool is powered by Indeed.com. Job listings are sourced from Indeed and are updated daily. Users can limit results to employment type (e.g., internship, part-time, full-time).
- Résumé Editing Tool—VisualCV Resume Creator allows users to create visually interesting résumés, cover letters, and websites that can be externally shared with prospective employers, using prebuilt templates. Sample résumés help users target their résumés for different job types.
Platform Features & Tools
Content, materials, and tools can be accessed from any location, on any device.
Education materials, exam assessments, articles, and tips are written in a friendly, conversational tone so students and users will not feel intimidated. Peterson's Test and Career Suite is like having a virtual career counselor and exam prep tutor at your fingertips.
All content supports simultaneous use and eBooks can be downloaded as DRM-free PDF files. There is no need to worry about lugging around heavy and cumbersome print books.