Posthumanism: The Future of Homo Sapiens will provide an introduction to a vast array of scholarly perspectives on emergent technologies and biotechnologies used to modify or augment the capabilities of human beings. The handbook covers the fundamental aspects of how bioenhancement will become feasible, what shape these technologies are likely to take, and what sorts of concrete consequences they will have for people's lives. This volume strives for both intellectual clarity and a genuinely accessible voice, always emphasizing the practical and moral implications of bioenhancement technologies. Posthumanism takes an interdisciplinary approach to the subject, integrating science and technology as well as the arts, humanities, religious perspectives, and ethics.
Features & Benefits
- Introduces the discipline and key concepts.
- Discusses science and technology as well as religious responses.
- Discusses moral debates and social implications of evolving biotechnologies.
- Features new, "Posthuman" arts concepts.
- Peer-reviewed signed chapters are written by eminent scholars. Includes a glossary, bibliographies of worked cited and suggestions for further reading, images/graphics, and an index.
- Uses extensive academic research.