African American Literature for Students contains easily accessible and content-rich discussions of the literary and historical background of 14 works from various time periods. The works-not previously covered in any For Students series-are comprised of a variety of genres, including novels, poems, short stories, and dramas. The entries include works by frequently studied and well-established authors as well as by more contemporary, up-and-coming authors.
Each work included was specially chosen by an advisory panel of teachers and librarians - experts who have helped us define the information needs of students and ensure the age-appropriateness of this reference's content. Within the pages of African American Literature for Students, young researchers will discover everything they need to complete homework assignments and lead classroom discussions.
See Table of Contents for a list of works that appear in this volume. Please note that the entire For Students series is available eBook format.
Features & Benefits
- Student friendly: Homework help format, w/ criticism at H.S. students' interest and reading levels.
- Librarian friendly: Lower price than more scholarly criticism volumes.
- Reader friendly: For patrons interested in more info on the classics or bestsellers they're reading.
- Curriculum Connection: Supports standards on study of literature by genre or in historical context and provides read-a-likes for common core activities.
- Assignment based: For Students designed to match real English projects and the format facilitates compare and contrast, inquiry-based activities.
- Title lists correlate with textbooks, anthologies.