This volume of Nonfiction Classics For Students contains easily accessible and content-rich discussions of the literary and historical background of 14 works of nonfiction from various cultures and time periods. Each work included was specially chosen by an advisory panel of teachers and librarians - experts who have helped us define the information needs of students and ensure the age-appropriateness of this reference's content. Within the pages of Nonfiction Classics for Students, young researchers will discover everything they need to complete homework assignments and lead classroom discussions.
See Table of Contents for a list of works that appear in this volume. Please note that the entire For Students series is available in eBook format.
Feature & Benefits
- Student friendly: Homework help format, w/ criticism at H.S. students' interest and reading levels.
- Librarian friendly: Lower price than more scholarly criticism volumes (e.g., Poetry Criticism).
- Reader friendly: For patrons interested in more info on the classics or bestsellers they're reading.
- Curriculum Connection: Supports standards on study of literature by genre or in historical context and provides read-a-likes for common core activities.
- Assignment based: For Students is designed to match real English projects and the format facilitates compare and contrast, inquiry-based activities. Title lists correlate with textbooks, anthologies.
The internal design of the pages-starting with NCFS 6-has been refreshed and modernized (ex. new art on drop pages and sidebars, some format changes), but still keeps the look and feel of the For Students series.