LGBTQIA+ Literature for Students contains easily accessible and content-rich discussions of the literary and historical background of 14 works from various time periods. The works-not previously covered in any For Students series-are comprised of a variety of genres, including novels, poems, short stories, and dramas. The entries include works by frequently studied and well-established authors as well as by more contemporary, up-and-coming authors.
Each work included was specially chosen by an advisory panel of teachers and librarians - experts who have helped us define the information needs of students and ensure the age-appropriateness of this reference's content. Within the pages of LGBTQIA+ Literature for Students, young researchers will discover everything they need to complete homework assignments and lead classroom discussions.
See Table of Contents for a list of works that appear in this volume. Please note that the entire For Students series is available eBook format.
Feature & Benefits
- Student friendly: Homework help format, w/ criticism at H.S. students' interest and reading levels.
- Librarian friendly: Lower price than more scholarly criticism volumes.
- Reader friendly: For patrons interested in more info on the classics or bestsellers they're reading.
- Curriculum Connection: Supports standards on study of literature by genre or in historical context and provides read-a-likes for common core activities.
- Assignment based: For Students designed to match real English projects and the format facilitates compare and contrast, inquiry-based activities.
- Title lists correlate with textbooks, anthologies.