This respected resource is a biographical directory of the significant players in the physical, biological and related sciences. This 18-volume set includes biographical entries on nearly 204,000 living scientists located in North America, providing birthdate; birthplace; field of specialty; education; honorary degrees; current position; professional and career experience; honors and awards; memberships; research information; and e-mail, fax and mailing addresses for each entrant where available. The set includes a discipline index, which classifies entrants by subject specialty, and subclassifies by state or province.
Feature & Benefits
- AMERICAN MEN & WOMEN OF SCIENCE, 39th Edition includes 6,000 new listees.
- Within the index, entrants are classified by 192 subject specialties adapted from the National Science Foundation's Taxonomy of Degree and Employment Specialties.
- Primary users include fellow scientists seeking collaborators or grant opportunities
- students researching mentors and information on scientific program participants
- businesspersons who must build relationships within the scientific community or who require scientific expertise, professional researchers, journalists to check credentials, personnel recruiters.
- Listees may be nominated by peers or leaders of academic, government, and private research programs and associations.