Designed primarily for use by high school students and young adults in the general population seeking authoritative health information, Human Diseases and Conditions, 3rd ed. is the revised and updated edition of Charles Scribner's Sons' well received Human Diseases and Conditions (2009).
Offering in-depth coverage of all areas of health and disease, Human Diseases and Conditions, 3rd ed. offers current and accurate information on approximately 450 diseases and conditions. This edition includes nearly 75 new and 360 completely reviewed and revised articles. The topics covered include infectious diseases, many cancers, chronic and acute physical and psychological conditions, newly emerging and reemerging diseases, public health issues, and issues of interest to the young adult audience (eating disorders, sports injuries, growth, and puberty). Behavioral health is covered as thoroughly as physical health. In addition, the comprehensiveness of 425 photos, informative illustrations, and charts thoroughly enhances the already-rich textual information. A glossary of key terms, bibliography, list of organizations, and a comprehensive two-level subject index is also included.
Feature & Benefits
- Entries written by medical writers and health care professionals from multiple disciplines.
- Text is written at the high-school student reading level and good for laypeople as well.
- Alphabetic arrangement of entries and extensive cross-referencing.
- Key term definitions, sidebars, ample cross-referencing and blind entries, topical and general bibliographies, plus a thorough subject index.
- List of organizations and their contact information
- Glossary of key terms.
- Includes approximately 425 images (200 Photos
- 225 tables, charts, illustrations) and 400 sidebars.
Table of contents thoroughly reviewed for timeliness, consistency, and easy access to topics.