The Global Encyclopedia of Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, and Transgender History will provide a global view of the history of LGBTQ, covering significant figures and events worldwide. Wide-ranging in scope, this encyclopedia complements courses in a variety of disciplines, including history, American studies, literature, psychology, sociology and others. Features include a thematic outline and a comprehensive index.
Feature & Benefits
- Substantial coverage of nearly 70 countries, with additional countries represented throughout the encyclopedia.
- Peer-reviewed entries written by academics from around the world, with nearly half the entries written by international contributors, representing 35 different countries.
- Far more substantive than the average encyclopedia, with entries averaging 4,000 words each.
- Over 315 full-color photos, illustrations, and graphs.
- Abundant cross-references to help readers make connections between entries.
- A General Index to offer access to places, subjects, titles, and proper names mentioned within the text.