This award-winning multi-volume series is dedicated to making literature and its creators better understood and more accessible to students and interested readers, while satisfying the standards of librarians, teachers and scholars. Dictionary of Literary Biography provides reliable information in an easily comprehensible format, while placing writers in the larger perspective of literary history.
Dictionary of Literary Biography systematically presents career biographies and criticism of writers from all eras and all genres through volumes dedicated to specific types of literature and time periods.
For a listing of Dictionary of Literary Biography volumes sorted by genre click here.
Feature & Benefits
- Each DICTIONARY OF LITERARY BIOGRAPHY volume has an expert volume editor responsible for planning the volume, selecting the figures for inclusion, and assigning the entries.
- Volume editors are also responsible for surveying the major periodicals and literary and intellectual movements for their volumes, as well as lists of further readings.
- To enhance the reader's understanding of the author by a knowledge of his or her environment, DLB volumes include not only drawings, paintings, and photographs of authors, often at various stages of their careers, but also illustrations of their families and places where they have lived.
- Title pages are regularly reproduced in facsimile along with dust jackets for modern authors.
- Manuscripts and letters are included when feasible.
All entries in this volume are unique to the series (see Table of Contents for listing.)