Each volume of Poetry For Students contains easily accessible and content-rich discussions of the literary and historical background of 14-16 works from various cultures and time periods. Each poem covered in this new resource was specially chosen by an advisory panel of teachers and librarians -- experts who have helped us define the information needs of students and ensure the age-appropriateness of this reference's content.
You may also be interested in For Students Online - the complete For Students Collection in eBook format.
While Gale strives to replicate print content, some content may not be available in the eBook version due to rights restrictions. Call your Sales Rep for details.
Features & Benefits
- Student friendly: Homework help format, w/ criticism at H.S. students' interest and reading levels.
- Reader friendly: For patrons interested in more info on the classics or bestsellers they're reading.
- Curriculum Connection: Supports standards on study of literature by genre or in historical context and provides read-a-likes for common core activities.
- Assignment based: For Students designed to match real English projects and the format facilitates compare and contrast, inquiry based activities.
- Title lists correlate well with textbooks, anthologies.
Here are some of the poems featured in this volume: "The Answer" by Bei Dao, "Heaven" by Cathy Song, "Reading Aloud to My Father" by Jane Kenyon and "To the Sun" by Ingeborg Bachmann.