An easy-to-use source for librarians, students and other researchers, each volume of this series provides illustrated biographical articles on approximately 75 children's authors and artists. The series covers more than 15,000 individuals, ranging from established award winners to authors and illustrators who are just beginning their careers. Entries cover: personal life, career, writings, adaptations, additional sources, photographs, and illustrations. This title is now available in eBook format through Gale Virtual Reference Library. Gale Virtual Reference Library is taking eBooks to the next level by delivering a wealth of reference content in a database format. This valuable new product allows libraries of any size - based on user's needs and usage patterns - to develop collections at their own pace and within their own budget.
Feature & Benefits
- Entries typically cover: personal life, career, writings, adaptations, additional sources.
- The series also includes select number of autobiographical essays, about 10,000 words in length, written by the authors themselves and accompanied by a selection of unique family photos.
- An illustrations index and cumulative author index are included in each volume.
- While Gale strives to replicate print content, some content may not be available due to rights restrictions.
- Call your Sales Rep for details.
This volume features new entries and updates to entries previously included in the series (See Table of Contents for listing).