Worldmark Global Health and Medicine Issues (WGHMI) is written for students and educators in high schools, community colleges, and four-year colleges, as well as interested laypeople. It covers current health and medicine issues with global impact in the modern world and organizations and groups addressing these issues. The 90 entries in the 2-volume set each give a 360 degree view of the topic covered. Many entries include primary source documents to provide deeper insight. Entries have short sidebars highlighting pertinent ancillary information, such as brief biographies on key figures, interesting facts or side stories. Each entry contains photographs, maps, tables, and illustrations to enhance understanding of the text. WGHMI also includes an introductory essay, an essay on how to use primary sources, a timeline of the events covered in the set, a glossary, a general bibliography; an annotated list of organizations and advocacy groups; and a general index.
Features & Benefits
- Worldmark Global Health and Medicine Issues (WGHMI) addresses health and medicine topics as cross-disciplinary issues relevant to everyone's lives across the globe.
- WGHMI helps students contextualize and analyze the central issues that surround the basic universal need of adequate health care.
- Each entry shows the unique breadth and spectrum of the issue regionally and/or worldwide.
- Meets the needs of International Baccalaureate courses and global studies.
- Each entry includes standard subheadings (Introduction, Historical Background, Impacts and Issues, and Future Implications), giving the reader easily accessible entry into various aspects of the topic.
- Entries also include cross references to related topics/articles in the work, and a bibliography of print and electronic resources to facilitate and encourage further learning, research, and action.