This respected resource is a biographical dictionary of the significant players in the physical, biological and related sciences. This 17-volume set includes biographical entries on nearly 184,000 living scientists located in North America, providing birthdate; birthplace; field of specialty; education; honorary degrees; current position; professional and career experience; honors and awards; memberships; research information; and e-mail, fax and mailing addresses for each entrant where available. Volume 17 of the set contains the discipline index, which classifies entrants by subject specialty, and subclassifies by state or province.
Feature & Benefits
- American Men & Women of Science includes 10,000 new listees.
- Within the index, entrants are classified by 192 subject specialties adapted from the National Science Foundation's Taxonomy of Degree and Employment Specialties.
- Primary users include fellow scientists seeking collaborators or grant opportunities
- students researching mentors and information on scientific program participants
- businesspersons who must build relationships within the scientific community or who require scientific expertise, professional researchers, journalists to check credentials, personnel recruiters.
- Listees may be nominated by peers or leaders of academic, government, and private research programs and associations.