The first edition of The Gale Encyclopedia of Dermatologyis a comprehensive guide and a unique source of information on the diseases and conditions affecting skin, hair, nail, and the mucus membranes. The two-volume set includes 250 entries and more than 170 full-color images, as well as cross-references, a glossary of terms, and a complete subject index. Advisory board consists of subject matter experts who define the contents and review articles.
Feature & Benefits
- 250 entries, approximately 2,000 words each (Examples: alopecia, basal cell carcinoma, biopsy, lice, liposuction, and ultraviolet therapy).
- 174 full-color photos, illustrations, graphs, etc., to highlight the text.
- Abundant cross-references to help readers make connections between entries.
- A glossary of terms (compiled of the entry-specific Words to Know lists).
- A General Index to offer access to places, subjects, titles, and proper names mentioned within the text.