Each volume of Poetry for Students contains easily accessible and content-rich discussions of the literary and historical background of 16 works from various cultures and time periods. Each poem covered in this new resource was specially chosen by an advisory panel of teachers and librarians -- experts who have helped us define the information needs of students and ensure the age-appropriateness of this reference's content.
See Table of Contents for the list of works included in this volume. Our entire For Students series is available in ebook format.
Feature & Benefits
- Student friendly: Homework help format, with criticism at high school students' interest and reading levels.
- Reader friendly: For patrons interested in more info on the classics or bestsellers they're reading.
- Curriculum Connection: Supports standards on study of literature by genre or in historical context and provides read-a-likes for common core activities.
- Assignment based: For Students designed to match real English projects and the format facilitates compare and contrast, inquiry based activities.
- Title lists correlate well with textbooks, anthologies.
The internal design of the pages-starting with PFS 60-has been refreshed and modernized (ex. new art on drop pages and sidebars, some format changes), but still keeps the look and feel of the FOR STUDENTS series.