This abridged, Spanish-language version of The Gale Encyclopedia of Medicine presents more than 150 authoritative, in-depth articles on a variety of medical topics, all written in a style accessible to nonspecialists. Information on diseases and disorders includes definitions, descriptions, causes and symptoms, diagnoses, treatments, prevention, and more. Articles on tests and treatments typically cover definitions, purposes, precautions, preparation, risks, and normal and abnormal results. The edition also offers more than 100 color images and illustrations, a glossary of key terms, a list of associated organizations, and a comprehensive subject index.
Features & Benefits
- Entries reviewed by an advisory board of medical experts.
- Key term sidebars within entries, which define medical terms
- all of the key terms are compiled into a glossary featured at the back of the encyclopedia.
- List of resources at the end of each entry (books, periodicals, websites, and organizations).
- More than 100 color images, illustrations, charts, and statistical tables.
- Complete list of organizations with contact information featured at back of product.
- Comprehensive subject index.