The Gale Encyclopedia of Emerging Diseases (GEED) will be a comprehensive guide and unique source of information on infectious diseases that have either lately appeared for the first time in a population or have recently rapidly increased in incidence. This title is an exciting new addition to the successful Gale Encyclopedia of ... health line of products. The articles avoid medical jargon and use language that laypersons can understand while still providing authoritative, balanced information that addresses the pathogens that are causing and threaten to cause significant health crises. Ebola, Lassa Fever, MERS, Rift Valley Fever, and Zika virus are among the diseases that will be covered.
Feature & Benefits
- Provides patients and caregivers with in-depth, up-to-date, and accessible information that will help them deal with and understand their own or their loved one's condition.
- "Key Terms" sidebar for each entry to define unfamiliar terms and concepts.
- Words to Know, Glossary, List of Organizations, Subject Index
- Full-Color Images and Illustrations throughout.
- Coverage of the origins of these diseases, the factors contributing to their spread, and geopolitical aspects of their treatment.
- Alphabetic arrangement of entries and extensive cross-referencing.