This new edition of Genetics provides a thorough presentation of genetics in the 21st century, including foundational concepts, key scientific and historical themes, ethical issues, and advances in the science. Selected ebook entries contain animated videos created by the Stated Clearly team of artists and scientists, plus Associated Press videos that highlight genetics topics within the context of scientific research, current events, and political considerations. Stated Clearly creates short animations to explain scientific concepts in a lucid and visually engaging manner. They work in tandem with more than twenty PhD scientists and partner with the Center for Chemical Evolution, NASA, Emory University, and Georgia Tech. The Associated Press (AP) is a world leader in news footage.
Feature & Benefits
- Signed entries written by subject matter experts with affiliations listed in front matter.
- Instructional Guide incorporating NGSS curriculum standards, guided questions, and suggested activities.
- Key terms defined in margins and glossary.
- 200 color images plus 175 tables, charts, and graphs.
- A thematic outline, an instructional guide, and a cumulative index.
- Bibliography/Suggested Further Readings in each entry.
Integrated video-Video is carefully selected to support and enhance content, and help make concepts vivid to students.