The concept of a transgender identity may be unfamiliar to some. Transgender Life provides students with an understanding of the transgender experience, starting with evidence and treatment of transgender people throughout history, challenges related to coming out as transgender, dealing with gender dysphoria, questions related to transitioning, and a discussion of rights and legal issues, with a variety of perspectives represented.
Feature & Benefits
- Instructional Guide in the front matter explains the classroom friendly features of the title and offers suggestions for using the materials in the classroom.
- Learning Objective provided for each chapter, is useful for teachers to quickly determine how the material fits with their lesson plan or assignment.
- Primary Source sidebars with prompts to help students understand, analyze, and evaluate the source.
- Callouts that encourage students to analyze, synthesize, engage, evaluate, and recall the information in the text.
- Sidebars draw attention to important people, organizations, historical moments, and comparing positions or arguments related to the topic.
- An appendix with assorted printable/downloadable worksheets, tip sheets, student performance checklists, and evaluation guidelines that teachers can use in the classroom or students can use independently.
- Chronology, recommended sources for further research, and subject index.