An issue in the news, and very personal to many, Immigration in America tackles this complicated topic by first presenting a historical overview of immigration as well as various points-of-view and key players in the public discourse on immigration. Discussions of immigration laws and border security, economic impacts of immigrants, and immigration reform are covered from a wide variety of perspectives.
Features & Benefits
- Instructional Guide in the front matter explains the classroom friendly features of the title and offers suggestions for using the materials in the classroom.
- Learning Objective provided for each chapter, is useful for teachers to quickly determine how the material fits with their lesson plan or assignment.
- Primary Source sidebars with prompts to help students understand, analyze, and evaluate the source.
- Callouts that encourage students to analyze, synthesize, engage, evaluate, and recall the information in the text.
- Sidebars draw attention to important people, organizations, historical moments, and comparing positions or arguments related to the topic.
- An appendix with assorted printable/downloadable worksheets, tip sheets, student performance checklists, and evaluation guidelines that teachers can use in the classroom or students can use independently.
- Chronology, recommended sources for further research, and subject index.