Featuring video! New Enhanced eBooks on GVRL provide teachers with curated video content and curriculum-aligned classroom tools, making lesson planning easy with engaging classroom-ready content.
Zoos and Aquariums presents various points-of-view and key players in the public discourse on the value of zoos and aquariums for education, conservation, and preservation; entertainment aspects and concerns over keeping certain species in captivity, as well as environmental, cultural, and economic issues. It provides a clear summary of positions, and offers data and evidence supporting these positions. The accessible text, written at an 8th grade level, provides clear learning objectives for each chapter and is augmented by relevant charts, graphs, images, primary sources and other visual elements. Critical thinking prompts are interspersed throughout the text.
Features & Benefits
- Primary Source sidebars with prompts to help students understand, analyze, and evaluate the source.
- Callouts that encourage students to analyze, synthesize, engage, evaluate, and recall the information in the text.
- Sidebars draw attention to important people, organizations, historical moments, and comparing positions or arguments related to the topic.
- An appendix with assorted printable/downloadable worksheets, tip sheets, student performance checklists, and evaluation guidelines that teachers can use in the classroom or students can use independently.
- Chronology, recommended sources for further research, and subject index.
Video content, carefully selected and/or created to support and enhance the text, is integrated into the text of the eBook.