The Gale Encyclopedia of Diets, 3rd edition will present detailed but easy-to-read information on 325 topics on diet and nutrition, including special diets, popular diets, dietary concerns, nutrition basics, and health-related concerns. Topics will be organized around the development and history of a diet, its basic principles, any key figures that influenced the practice, and any public and regulatory concerns associated with the diet. Information will be provided across all age groups, from infants to the elderly.
Features & Benefits
- Provides readers with in-depth, up-to-date, and accessible information that will help them deal with and understand their own dietary issues.
- "Key Terms" sidebar for each entry to define unfamiliar terms and concepts.
- Words to Know, Glossary, List of Organizations, Subject Index
- Full-Color Images and Illustrations throughout.
- Alphabetic arrangement of entries and extensive cross-referencing.
All entries in this volume are new (see Table of Contents for listing.)