World Literature and Its Times
helps students and researchers make connections between the social climate during which books were written and the works themselves. Each volume focuses on major fiction, poetry and nonfiction from a particular country and region, representing approximately 50 works. The detailed essays are approximately 10 pages in length and offer the following features:
- Introductory profile
- Events in history
- Literary work in focus
- Sources for more information
- Additional features include; maps; author and title tables of contents; sidebars; timelines; advisor information; and an alphabetical index of authors, titles, events and personalities.
Now available on Gale Virtual Reference Library, the World Literature and Its Times set combines eight volumes covering the following literatures:
- Latin American literature
- African literature
- British & Irish literature (2 volumes - The Victorian Era to the Present and Celtic Migrations to the Reform Bill )
- Spanish & Portuguese literature
- Middle Eastern literature
- Italian literature
- Classical literature
Volumes 1-8 of World Literature and Its Times are available as one rich text-only database consisting of about 4,800 pages and 400 profiles of literary works. The database consists of original editorial content published from 1999-2005.
While Gale strives to replicate print content, some content may not be available due to rights restrictions. Call your Sales Rep for details.