A comprehensive survey of the first decade of the American 21st century, covering both famous people and major events that shaped American history from 2000 to 2009 in more than a dozen historical categories. This volume extends the popular and critically acclaimed series and provides coverage of the day-to-day experiences of Americans living during the decade. Topics include: headline makers, topics in the news, arts and entertainment, business and the economy, education, government, politics and law, lifestyles and social trends, medicine and health, science and technology, and sports.
Feature & Benefits
- At the end of the volume will be a subject index and a "Where to learn More" section with bibliographical citations.
- Student-Friendly Features include: Readers Guide
- chronology of the decade for each of the topic areas
- an overview entry about the decade
- sidebars for interesting facts and more in depth coverage of the topics
- and a further reading section for each topic area.