Contemporary Literary Criticism covers authors who are currently active or who died after December 31, 1959. Each print volume in this long-standing series profiles approximately 6-8 novelists, poets, playwrights and other creative and nonfiction writers by providing full-text or excerpted criticism taken from books, magazines, literary reviews, newspapers and scholarly journals. Approximately 90-95% of critical essays are full text. Each of the approximately 200 essays per volume is prefaced by a full citation and annotation and most entries in the print series include an author portrait. Other features of Contemporary Literary Criticism in print include: A format familiar to librarians, fully indexes by author name, title and nationality, Coverage of nearly 3,000 authors, More than 200 volumes in print since 1974, and each volume includes cumulative author name, topic, and nationality indexes, as well as a volume-specific title index. A cumulative title index to the entire series is available separately.
Feature & Benefits
- Each volume of CLC features reprinted criticism and reviews on a set of noted authors and topics.
- Each entry includes a brief Introduction, including an overview of author's biographical information
- major works, and a critical reception section, followed by reprinted essays.
- A format familiar to librarians.
- Fully indexes by author name, title and nationality.
- Coverage of nearly 3,000 authors.
- More than 200 volumes in print since 1974.
Updated/new entries on Woody Allen 1935-.