Here is a convenient source of commentary on the careers and works of acclaimed poets, novelists, short story writers, dramatists and philosophers who died between 1800 and 1899. Each volume presents overviews of four to eight authors with chronologically arranged criticism representing the entire range of response to each author. Approximately 90-95% of critical essays are full text. Every fourth volume is a Topics volume covering major literary movements, trends and other topics related to nineteenth-century literature.
Feature & Benefits
- Author, nationality, topic, and title indexes.
- Cumulative title index to the entire series is published separately.
- Introduction to the author.
- Primary bibliography.
- Annotated criticism.
- Annotated list of further reading sources.
- Entries in this volume include: Charlotte Bronte, Arthur Murphy, and Jan Potocki.