The New Catholic Encyclopedia Supplement 2012-13: Ethics And Philosophy is dedicated to philosophical themes, with a focus on philosophy in the Western tradition. The 4-volume publication features 700 (450 new and 250 updated/revised) signed, peer-reviewed articles that cover a wide range of topics including ethics, metaphysics, epistemology, logic, aesthetics, philosophy of literature, art, and music, political philosophy, and philosophy of law. It contains numerous articles of special interest to Catholic thought and culture covering such areas as the philosophical aspects of love, hope, wisdom, marriage, friendship, death, pain and suffering, the human person and the human soul, and the philosophy of God and religion. The New Catholic Encyclopedia, 2nd edition, published in partnership with \xa0the Catholic University of America, is a 15-volume set with supplements, which focuses on relevant, high-interest areas of Catholic life. Volumes and supplements in the set are also available for purchase separately.
Features & Benefits
- 700 entries with in-text cross references and end of article "see also" references.
- Subject matter index.
- Ethics, Metaphysics, Epistemology, Logic.
- Aesthetics, Catholic Aesthetics, Philosophy of Literature, Art, and Music.
- Political Philosophy and Philosophy of Law.
- Articles of special interest to Catholic thought and culture, covering such areas as the philosophical aspects of love, hope, wisdom, marriage, friendship, death, pain and suffering, the human person and the human soul, and the philosophy of God and religion.
- Includes comprehensive indexes, extensive bibliographies, chronologies and organizations to contact.
- Photographs illuminate the text.
Approximately 450 new entries.