The 5-volume Supreme Court Drama: Cases That Changed America, 2nd. ed., provides exciting details on key events, people and outcomes of approximately 200 major Supreme Court decisions that have had a significant impact on American society from the 1800s to the 2000s. The set contains approx. 200 illustrations with cases arranged under topical overview essays. Case entries are three to five pages in length and describe events leading up to the case, key moments in the case, the Supreme Court decision and its relevance to today's students. Also featured are helpful boxes listing key court details and sidebars providing brief biographies of justices and key court figures and important facts about the amendment or part of the Constitution being argued featured Supreme Court case.
Feature & Benefits
- Uses appropriate, easy-to-understand language, rather than "legalese," with case profiles ranging from 750-1500 words.
- Basic facts are contained in a header box for easy and quick reference.
- Approximately 100 sidebars covering important people, historic facts, and definitions.
- Further readings for each entry provide the reader with information for further study.
- An appendix that includes the text of the U.S. Constitution and amendments and a listing of U.S. Supreme Court justices throughout history.
- An in-depth legal glossary and a research topics section.
- A cumulative general index that covers cases, people, places, events, and subject terms mentioned within the entries of all five volumes.
- 32 trials from 2000-2010.
Three tables of contents: cases sorted by subject, with explanatory sentences for each case