This full-color title provides comprehensive, consistent coverage of nearly 200 countries plus 8 dependencies, maps of each country, flags and seals on color end sheets, and more than 600 photographs. All entries are fully updated with a special emphasis given to prominent topics such as climate change (including sustainability and renewable energy projects) and the Arab spring. This edition includes new, full country profiles for Kosovo, South Sudan, and the Palestinian Territories. Each entry breaks the country's information into 35 numbered headings allowing users to compare countries in a variety of ways.
Features & Benefits
- Educational, student-friendly features include: Consistent coverage of 193 countries
- Maps of every country
- Flags and seals on color end sheets
- More than 600 photos of people and places
- Each entry is fully updated to ensure coverage of current events and demographic changes
- and a Guide to country articles, general index and glossary in the backmatter.
- "Association Copies" Appendix lists books by significant people who have owned them.