While popular music in all its varied forms is a source of common interest and an insatiable curiosity among readers of all ages, thorough biographical information about its stars and superstars can be difficult to find.
Consult this ongoing reference series for biographical information on more than 3,600 important figures in today's musical arena. Covering all genres of modern music, Contemporary Musicians profiles artists involved in rock, jazz, pop, rap, rhythm and blues, folk, New Age, country, gospel and reggae.
Feature & Benefits
- All entries in this volume are new to the series (See Table of Contents for listing).
- List of selected books, magazines, newspapers, and other sources where more information can be found also provided.
- Nearly every entry contains a photograph of the featured subject.
- This source is up-to-date with coverage of the performers and writers who interest readers, drawn from the various musical genres as represented by the breakdown of record sales.
- The series also covers past artists whose accomplishments still have an impact on today's music.
- Signed essays are compiled using a variety of sources, including information from the artist's publicist.
Entries include biographical statistics, detailed source information, critical essays, and selected discographies and, when available, addresses for the leaders, the legends, and the up-and-coming celebrities of popular and classical music.