The sixth edition of this series thoroughly updates each of the 50 state entries as well as entries on the District of Columbia, Puerto Rico, U.S. Caribbean dependencies, U.S. Pacific dependencies, and the United States as a whole. Entries cover the geography, history, politics, economy and other facts about each state or area profiled. Alphabetically arranged entries feature consistent subheadings for each state so students can quickly find comparative information. An index of people, places and subjects makes searches easy, and sources for further study provide students with the next step to learn more.
Features & Benefits
- 40 consistent subheads divide each essay to make information easy to find and encourage comparisons between states.
- A map of the U.S. and state flags on color end sheets.
- 55 color maps within text.
- Approximately 350 color photos depict the state and the people.
- Illustrations of flags accompany entries.
- Glossary makes difficult or unusual terms understandable.
- Each state entry includes a table listing all past governors and a table listing presidential election results.
Robust tables, which appear in the back matter of each volume, compare demographic and economic information of each state to facilitate comparisons between the states.