Healthy Living, 2nd Edition, is aimed primarily at middle school students, and contains 14 chapters on healthy habits and personal health issues. Fully updated from the first edition, published in 2000, the second edition has updated material and more images, now in full color. The title serves as a guidebook for a broad range of subjects such as maintaining good hygiene and physical and mental health, eating well, staying in shape, preventative care and first aid, mainstream and alternative health care, eating disorders and addictions, navigating difficult situations like grief and bullying, and understanding changes as the body and brain move from childhood to the teen years. Also covered are newer topics including the HPV vaccine and cyberbullying.
Feature & Benefits
- New to this edition is a chapter on First Aid and Mainstream Medical Systems - how insurance works.
- Health and safety tips, historical events, and other interesting facts inform readers on topics including the latest knowledge about nutrition, exercise, personal hygiene, environmental health, first aid, medicine and health care, mental health and mental illness, personal growth and development, and families and friends.
- Each chapter lists quick facts in the marginalia, and photos, illustrations, and sidebars enhance the text.
- Each chapter includes a bibliography that lists electronic and print sources for further information.
- The set includes a list of national organizations to contact about subjects covered in the chapters.
The set includes 14 completely revised chapters, each of which has a table of contents and brief overview at the start of the chapter to introduce readers to the topic.