Books in Lucent's Music Library focus on the music, the musicians, the instruments, and on music's place in cultural history. The history of each musical style, from its roots to its expression at the beginning of the twenty-first century is portrayed, along with fascinating glimpses of the lives of leading composers and musicians.
Features & Benefits
- Using primary and secondary sources, each volume provides background information on a significant event in modern world history, presents the controversies surrounding the event, and offers first-person narratives from people who lived through or were imp
- The set focuses on the history, music, musicians, and instruments behind specific musical styles -- from blues to indie rock to rap and more.
- It also addresses music videos, the advent of digital music stores and new portable digital delivery systems.
- Each title provides a historical overview of the development of a specific music genre
- explores the roots and influences of the genre and the key components that are definitive of the style
- discusses the pioneers of the music
- and considers the changes the genre has undergone from its inception to its present status on the world scene.
- Informative sidebars, a glossary of music terms, a selective discography, an annotated bibliography, and a subject index provide readers with additional tools for discussion and research.