This volume of Lucent's Mythology and Culture Worldwide Series looks at some of the popular myths of Africa and discusses their role in the culture and the values they reflect. The title touches on how hip-hop music has its roots in African mythology and how these ancient beliefs continue to influence the modern world.
Features & Benefits
- This series is designed to help young readers understand the origins, cultural importance and impact of world mythologies.
- These books will explain how mythology reflects the culture that created it.
- Each volume focuses on one cultural or national mythology.
- Major myths, characters, gods and goddesses, and themes of the mythology are presented with a particular emphasis on tying these stories back to important aspects of the culture that produced it.
- Descriptions include, as appropriate, geography, history, natural resources, technological state, social organization, religious beliefs, and values.
- These books also detail how the culture interacted with their gods and goddesses, and how the myths were communicated.
- Each volume contains numerous sidebars and fact boxes, a family tree or diagram that shows relationships of major entities, a pronunciation guide, a glossary, an annotated bibliography and comprehensive index.