This new series of 3 eBooks covers the most common mental health concerns facing teens today. The first of the series, this eBook covers self-care strategies for teens with anxiety, depression, stress, and suicide ideation. Each chapter describes the issue and the medical treatments available but focuses on what teens can do at home to support their own wellness. Sections include a description of the condition, how symptoms appear in teens, what treatment options are expected, self-care strategies to support mental wellness, supportive media (publications, film, and music) that is relatable, a list of journaling prompts, outreach/group opportunities, and organizations that support teens with the specific mental health challenges. Also included is a biographical sidebar highlighting a popular individual who also has been diagnosed with the condition, an affirming quote by a celebrity with the condition, a national hotline number specific for the mental health challenge, and a sidebar that focuses on a wellness strategy that is specific to the condition. Also included are QR codes that lead directly to organizations and demonstrations of self-care strategies helpful to the user. Each chapter averages up to 20 pages in length. In addition, there are over 4 accompanying photographs in each chapter. Students will also find an organizations appendix and an in-depth two-level index in the eBook.
Features & Benefits
- Chapter topics are arranged thematically across 3 eBooks.
- Chapter topics were identified by experts, through a survey of customers, and as top online search terms.
- Sections include definition, description, symptoms, treatment, selfcare strategies, journaling prompts, outreach opportunities, organizations, national hotline numbers, quotes, biographical sidebar, and an additional sidebar highlighting a selfcare strategy.
- QR codes make information more accessible.
- Photographs and graphic illustrations support textual information.
- List of organizations and general index.