Encyclopedia Of Medical Organizations And Agencies brings you instant access to public and private agencies and organizations concerned with medical information, funding, research, education, planning, advocacy, advice and service.
Sixty-nine subject chapters represent an entire range of contemporary medical fields: allergy and immunology, alternative medicine, biomedicine, chiropractic, gastroenterology, hypnosis, neurology, osteopathic medicine, reproduction and family planning, substance abuse and more. Entries provide contact and descriptive information for the organizations listed. A name and keyword index, as well as a subject cross-index, make finding information easy.
Encyclopedia Of Medical Organizations And Agencies provides the user with resources to organizations, research centers, colleges and universities, and government agencies on 69 medical conditions.
Features & Benefits
- Entries include address
- phone, fax and toll-free numbers
- officer name and title
- email and web addresses
- and may include descriptive information, activities, programs, founded year, publications names.
- Alternate subject terms can be located through a subject cross reference.
- Easily locate state, regional, national and international organizations, including those engaged in medical research.
- Extensive frontmatter explaining scope, data elements, arrangement, indexing procedure, and source for each functional category.
This edition of ENCYCLOPEDIA OF MEDICAL ORGANIZATIONS AND AGENCIES, incorporates thousands of changes to addresses, telephone numbers, personnel and other key details as well as newly established organizations, federal and state government agencies, foundations, research centers, and school programs.