Body Systems covers the 14 systems of the human body and their role and functions both from an individual organ perspective and each system as a whole, as well as what occurs when systems are not functioning properly due to injury, disease, or other causes. Entries cover the development of each body system from birth to full adult growth, as well as adjustments by the body during the senior years. There is also information on common diseases related to specific systems (causes and treatments) and the effects of substances on body systems, including foods and drugs, as well as full-color detailed illustrations of all body systems.
Features & Benefits
- A full-page detailed diagram of the whole system (along with other graphics as needed).
- Entries on each organ in that system.
- The overview entry would actually be a series of entries covering the role/function of the system, the development, and its relationship with other systems.
- The common conditions and diseases associated with the system would be broken out as entries within the chapter.
- Section heads may be Description, Role in human health, Development, Function within the body, Diseases and conditions, Prevention/Maintenance (how do we maintain the health of the body system).
- Within each section we would want to discuss the significance at each developmental stage of life (childhood, adolescence, adulthood, old age) and gender (if/when significant).
- Key terms side bar.
- Further reading section.
- Biographical or historical sidebars within each body system to highlight key figures or discoveries.
- Diagrams as well as a table(s) in every chapter to highlight specific disease statistics. What are the top diseases of the system, rates of disease, etc.