This respected resource is a biographical directory of the significant players in the physical, biological and related sciences. This edition includes biographical entries on nearly 170,000 living scientists, providing birthdate; birthplace; field of specialty; education; honorary degrees; current position; professional and career information; honors and awards; memberships; research information; and email, fax and mailing address for each entrant where available. Volume 17 of the set is a comprehensive index listing scientists by field, and by state under field.
Features & Benefits
- American Men & Women of Science, 34th Edition includes 8,000 new listees.
- Within the index, entrants are classified by 192 subject specialties adapted from the National Science Foundation's Taxonomy of Degree and Employment Specialties.
- Primary users include fellow scientists seeking collaborators or grant opportunities
- students researching mentors and information on scientific program participants
- businesspersons who must build relationships within the scientific community or who require scientific expertise, professional researchers, journalists to check credentials, personnel recruiters.
- Listees may be nominated by peers or leaders of academic, government, and private research programs and associations.