U*X*L Money: Making Sense Of Economics And Personal Finance enriches middle school students' understanding of key concepts in economics, investing, and personal finance, helping them develop financial literacy, improve analytical and problem-solving skills, and build a foundation for high school courses and beyond. Using abundant real-life examples to illustrate the relevancy of the topic, this set brings to life topics that are essential to students' lives as consumers, workers, and citizens.
Divided into three thematic volumes, U*X*L Money: Making Sense Of Economics And Personal Finance covers the following topics: microeconomics and domestic trade; macroeconomics and international trade; and personal finance. Chapters provide easy-to-understand examples of the concepts being discussed, as well as definitions for key terms within the entry. Sidebars cover important people, concepts, and events related to understanding economics and finance. Charts and graphs illustrate concepts and provide opportunities for data analysis. Each chapter begins with critical-thinking questions to help students focus on the main points of emphasis. Chapters address such topics as economic systems, market failures, competition, fiscal policy, global trade, saving and managing your money, credit and debt, investing your money, among others. (1st edition)
Features & Benefits
- The 3 volumes are organized thematically: microeconomics, macroeconomics, and personal finance.
- Each volume begins with a Reader's Guide and ends with additional information on Getting Involved and Where to Learn More, as well as a comprehensive index.
- Each chapter begins with Main Ideas, Critical Thinking Questions, and Words To Know sections that help students understand the concepts being discussed.
- Color tables, charts and graphs and offer statistical data and color photographs illustrate each chapter.
- Sidebars on important figures or real-life examples aid in understanding economics and finance.
- Each chapter ends with For More Information sections that provide students with resources for further research.
- U*X*L MONEY: MAKING SENSE OF ECONOMICS AND PERSONAL FINANCE is more accessible, more comprehensive, and better geared for middle schoolers than any competitors.
- A Teacher's Guide is also available.