To keep up with recent developments in both areas of technologies and techniques related to distance education programs, educators, administrators, and researchers are in constant needs of learning about issues, solutions, and challenges of these technologies. Encyclopedia of Distance Learning
offers the most comprehensive coverage of the issues, concepts, trends, and technologies of distance learning. Over 400 international contributors from over 35 countries have provided extensive coverage of topics such as workforce training, accessing education, digital divide, and the evolution of distance and online education into a multibillion dollar enterprise. This 4-volume set encyclopedia is edited by leading international experts with multiple years of professional and academic experience in the field. With more than 2,000 terms and definitions and over 6,000 additional references, this authoritative 4-volume encyclopedia is considered the foremost reference source for the latest understanding, discoveries, and research in the field of distance learning. Encyclopedia of Distance Learning
is an excellent source of comprehensive knowledge and literature on the topic of distance learning programs.
Key features include:
- Hundreds of research contributions from approximately 400 leading scholars from all over the world on various topics of distance learning
- More than 2,000 terms, definitions and explanations of concepts, processes and technologies of distance learning
- Comprehensive coverage of critical issues related to development, implementation, and management of distance learning programs
- Over 6,000 comprehensive references on existing literature on distance learning and technologies
- Comprehensive index of all topics, entries, terms, and contributions
Originally published in print format in 2005.