Give students and patrons a powerful research tool to better understand business management
Written by academic experts and business professionals, this comprehensive resource explores hundreds of topics in management theory and application. It consists of two volumes featuring more than 300 detailed essays covering concepts, issues, and terms dealing with the evolving field of management.
These essays provide a unique starting point for individuals seeking comprehensive information that can’t be adequately conveyed through brief definitions. Placed in context and enhanced by background data, graphics, and statistics, the topics are relatable to current and ongoing management issues. There are also cross-references to allow users to quickly access information and explore related concepts.
Terms, concepts, and issues include Accounting, Business-to-Government, Benchmarking, Electronic Commerce, Mission and Vision Statements, Operations Management, Social Media Management, and Vesting.
Gale • 2019
See What’s Different:
Arranges topics alphabetically within the two volumes.
- Contains a glossary consisting of over 200 management terms.
- Features a tiered general index to simplify accessibility.
- Provides cross-references throughout to help readers locate information.
- Includes “Further Reading” sections to offer source suggestions for further study.
- Features graphs, charts, and tables.
- Illustrates certain concepts and models through math formulas.