Practice questions and planning tools
Whether the goal is entering medical school, becoming an algebra teacher, or some other feat, Gale Presents: Peterson’s Test Prep dives deep into a variety of subject matter. There’s AP® pretests for high schoolers, GMAT and MCAT prep for graduate studies, as well as search tools for university admission requirements, scholarships, and more.
To help high schoolers prepare for the AP exam, this database includes AP practice exams, with questions covering courses like Biology, Calculus AB, Calculus BC, Chemistry, Computer Science, English Language and Composition, English Literature and Composition, Environmental Science, Human Geography, Macroeconomics, Microeconomics, Physics 1, Physics 2, Physics 3, Psychology, Spanish, Statistics, U.S. Government and Politics, U.S. History, World History, and European History.
To prepare for the AP exam further, digital rights management (DRM)–free eBooks are available for U.S. History, World History, English Language, and English Literature. Short AP study guides are provided for Biology, Calculus AB, Calculus BC, Chemistry, Psychology, Statistics, U.S. Government, and others.
This resource also covers:
- ACCUPLACER® – These pretests indicate how ready for college a student is. Three ACCUPLACER practice exams are included.
- DSST and CLEP® – Includes several pretests for both DSST and CLEP, which let students obtain college credit.
- GMAT Prep – Includes three pretests and a DRM-free eBook. The GMAT scores are based on technical aptitude.
- MCAT Prep – MCAT scores indicate critical-thinking skills and other attributes. It’s ideal for anyone considering an M.B.A. Three MCAT pretests are included.
Other areas of study and support are also featured:
- Arithmetic – Practice tests include several subject-specific question banks. Subjects covered include math, reading and writing, science, and STEM (science, technology, engineering, and math).
- Cosmetology – Includes online cosmetology practice tests through Milady that support barbering, cosmetology, esthetics (fundamentals and advanced), massage therapy, and nail technology. It’s ideal for anyone who loves working on hair, nails, or other salon treatments.
- College and Scholarship Search Tools – Includes in-depth overviews on universities as well as additional information on seeking financial aid. The planning center offers grade-level checklists to help students and their caregivers prepare for college.
Peterson’s works with test providers to obtain testing specs each time a major revision is announced. Content within the Peterson’s resources is unique; it covers the same material that is on the formal exam, but it isn’t intended to replicate the exam itself. The goal is to help test-takers gain knowledge and expertise within the subject areas covered.
The database is interactive and provides immediate scores and feedback. The practice exams are timed and can be retaken if a user would like to work on improving their score. The database also includes helpful articles and tips on test-taking strategies, such as reducing stress, study methods, etc.