Helping People Find Their Life's WorkGale's Career Transitions provides immediate help for job seekers navigating the new economy. Innovative and accessible, Career Transitions helps library users improve their chances of finding sustainable employment. We've worked closely with libraries like yours to improve our ability to help users navigate today's challenging employment environment. Let Gale and Career Transitions enhance the unique value your library brings to your community.
- Job-seeking – support with creating resumes, writing cover letters, and applying for positions as well as interactive interview practice
- Career exploration – discovering career interests; identifying new opportunities based on work or military experience; exploring growing career paths, including green and new economy jobs; and finding education and training In addition to helping users identify measurable details about their accomplishments and successes, Career Transitions offers:
- Multiple job-search options, including internships and entry-level, with job tracking
- A streamlined interface designed to give users immediate access to activities
- Comprehensive education and training options by career, program, and location
- Continually updated with expert advice and industry-leading content
- Assistance matching work and military experience to new careers
- Hundreds of career overview videos, including “A Day in the Life” series featuring real people working in various occupations
- Seamless integration with Training and Education Resource Center (for TERC subscribers) Measure overall impact and library value In addition. In addition, Career Transitions provides detailed insight into user activities through its Trends, Activities, Outcomes, and Reporting with:
- Visual, easy-to-create reports detailing what features users are using and finding valuable
- Optional user surveys to identify accomplishments and value in jobs and progress
Career Transitions provides guidance and essential activities for job seekers and those investigating new careers options, including the college bound, enrolled students, and soon to be graduates and alumni. The site also contains specific tools for school, public, and academic libraries. All of these options feature easy navigation allowing subscribers to search all job types, including internships, apprenticeships, and entry-level and temporary listings; browse career paths; and view “A Day in the Life” video series featuring real people in various occupations.
- Library Journal, October 15, 2016
- Career & Workforce Development
Platform Features & Tools
Powerful job search functionality
Interview preparation tool
Guided resume and cover letter creation
Reviews & Testimonials
Gale's Career Transitions serves as a useful electronic starting point for any new job seeker. The structured way that Career Transitions takes users through the content is perfect for public libraries, career centers, and career libraries whose staff have limited time to help users navigate through information. Both novices and seasoned professionals will benefit from the step-by-step organization of this online tool. Recommended. Upper-level undergraduates, graduate students, professionals, and general audience.