Starting with a basic study of kinship, followed by books on social networking and online genealogy, with a unique collection of research guides called "Genealogy at a Glance," Gale Genealogy Connect: Getting Started lays a rock-solid foundation on which to build your family history.With 32 titles in this collection some beginner's might prefer to start with the standard textbook in genealogy, Val Greenwood's Researcher's Guide to American genealogy, widely acclaimed or without question the simplest book to begin your genealogy research with William Dollarhide's Managing a Genealogical Project, which includes forms such as pedigree charts and family group sheets.
Gale Genealogy Connect features a wide range of comprehensive references and is powered by authoritative information from Genealogical.com — the parent company of Genealogical Publishing and Clearfield Company, leading publishers of works on genealogy and family history. With these unique references, available for the first time online in fully searchable format, users can confidently connect the dots with authoritative contextual information, where the full story lives.
- An engaging user interface with instant translation into 34 languages.
- Chronology that pre-dates accessible public records.
- User-focused navigation and organization.
- Unlimited simultaneous 24/7 access.
- Seamless cross-searching across Gale Genealogy Connect collections.
- More than 1,500 authoritative resources from Genealogical.com and Clearfield.
- Ability to print, save or e-mail articles.
- Multi-page viewing recreating the book experience.
- 13 machine translations.
- 13 ReadSpeaker text-to-speech languages.
- Interests & Hobbies