In sheer volume, immigration records can be intimidating, but Gale Genealogy Connect: Immigration makes them accessible and intelligible, shedding light on the mass of records that document the arrival of immigrants in America from the time of the earliest settlements. Starting with the original immigrants to Jamestown, Virginia, books in this collection name and identify immigrants of every known background, including the original Pennsylvania German immigrants, the Huguenots of New York and South Carolina, and Irishmen fleeing the Great Famine. Gale Genealogy Connect features a wide range of comprehensive references and is powered by authoritative information from Genealogical.com — the parent company of Genealogical Publishing and Clearfield Company, leading publishers of works on genealogy and family history. With these unique references, available for the first time online in fully searchable format, users can confidently connect the dots with authoritative contextual information, where the full story lives.
- An engaging user interface with instant translation into 34 languages.
- Chronology that pre-dates accessible public records.
- User-focused navigation and organization.
- Unlimited simultaneous 24/7 access.
- Seamless cross-searching across Gale Genealogy Connect collections.
- More than 1,500 authoritative resources from Genealogical.com and Clearfield.
- Ability to print, save or e-mail articles.
- Multi-page viewing recreating the book experience.
- 13 machine translations.
- 13 ReadSpeaker text-to-speech languages.
- Interests & Hobbies