Turn Learners Into Thinkers
Gale In Context: High School offers cross-curricular content that reinforces the development of important skills, such as critical thinking, problem solving, communication, collaboration, creativity, and innovation.
Learners can access news content that includes full-text newspapers and periodicals such as The Economist, The New York Times, National Geographic, and Popular Science among others. Learners are empowered with hundreds of thousands of images, videos, and audio selections that include archival film clips and broadcast video from internationally respected sources, including BBC News and New York Times video.
- Engage students with a familiar, web-like experience that promotes information discovery
- Provide trustworthy, objective information to facilitate critical thinking and information literacy
- Support differentiated learning and diverse student populations through a variety of purpose-built tools
- Deliver helpful, up-to-date, editorially curated topic pages that cover the most popular subjects and provide a great jumping-off point for the research process
- ReadSpeaker text-to-speech technology supports differentiated learning and those with impaired vision, and can be used in conjunction with text translation
Part of Gale's In Context suite of online resources, Gale In Context: High School offers current and authoritative information to meet the needs of today's learners with a mobile-responsive design that is easy to navigate. Engaging, topical databases seamlessly integrate acclaimed content with curriculum-aligned materials that span core subjects and develop future-ready skills. A similar user experience across all Gale products provides continuity and allows users to spend more time with content and less time learning navigation and tools.
Platform Features & Tools
ReadSpeaker text-to-speech technology, and on-demand text translation into 12 languages
Integrated G Suite for Education and Microsoft Office 365 tools enable users to share, save, and download content—including highlights and notes.
Integrated directly into the user’s workflow, formatted citations can be easily imported from single or multiple documents to services like EasyBib or NoodleTools. MLA, APA, and Chicago-style citations are supported.