Put History In The Hands Of Learners
Gale In Context: U.S. History is an engaging online experience for those seeking contextual information on hundreds of the most significant people, events and topics in U.S. History. Topics range from the arrival of the first stirrings of the American Revolution and on through the Civil Rights movement, 9/11, and the War on Terror.
The comprehensive, contextual, media-rich collection empowers learners to develop information literacy and critical thinking skills. Content includes reference works, millions of news and periodical articles, and more than 5,000 rare and vital primary source documents that range from slave journals to presidential papers.
- Engage students with a familiar, web-like experience that promotes information discovery
- Provide trustworthy, objective information to facilitate critical thinking and information literacy
- Support differentiated learning and diverse student populations through a variety of purpose-built tools
- Deliver helpful, up-to-date, editorially curated topic pages that cover the most popular subjects and provide a great jumping-off point for the research process
- ReadSpeaker text-to-speech technology supports differentiated learning and those with impaired vision, and can be used in conjunction with text translation
Part of Gale's In Context suite of online resources, Gale In Context: U.S. History offers current and authoritative information to meet the needs of today's learners with a mobile-responsive design that is easy to navigate. Engaging, topical databases seamlessly integrate acclaimed content with curriculum-aligned materials that span core subjects and develop future-ready skills. A similar user experience across all Gale products provides continuity and allows users to spend more time with content and less time learning navigation and tools.
- Arts and Humanities
- Business and Industry
- Health & Medicine
- Languages and Linguistics
- Literature and Writing
- Political Science
- Regional History
- Science & Technology
- Social Sciences
- U.S. History
Platform Features & Tools
ReadSpeaker text-to-speech technology, and on-demand text translation into 12 languages
Integrated G Suite for Education and Microsoft Office 365 tools enable users to share, save, and download content—including highlights and notes.
Integrated directly into the user’s workflow, formatted citations can be easily imported from single or multiple documents to services like EasyBib or NoodleTools. MLA, APA, and Chicago-style citations are supported.